Before the start of every new year, we come up with a list of things that we want to change in our life. From losing weight to purchasing a new home, most of our New Year’s resolutions are often pretty huge. While it is admirable to dream big for 2019, it is also equally important making small changes which can have a big impact on our lives. Just as negative changes, positive ones often have a domino effect on the rest of your life. Here are fifteen things you can do that might seem inconsequential, but can drastically improve your life.
1. MAKE A BUDGET. People who stick to their budget often surprise themselves with how much they manage to save, especially when there’s an emergency. Even 10% of your pay can go a long way as long as you set it aside diligently.
2. START DOING SIMPLE EXERCISES WITHOUT EQUIPMENT. Not only are they cheap since you do not have to buy anything, but you can do them anytime anywhere. Simple exercises are also a good way to start a healthy lifestyle. Some people start with 10 push ups a day and end up doing a marathon in the end. Why? Because people tend to repeat actions that bring them something positive, and continue to build on those actions.
3. GIVE SOMEONE A COMPLIMENT AT LEAST ONCE A DAY. Compliments make people feel good. They will also make your soul feel happier. It will also allow you to connect with someone at least once a day!
4. SAY SOMETHING NICE ABOUT WHAT OTHERS ARE WEARING. People make a conscious effort to put on a pair of earrings or a nice shirt. Make them feel even better about their choices by praising them and you will feel better for being nice!
5. SPEND AT LEAST 10 MINUTES DAILY READING A BOOK. No one can ever read too much. Reading lets your mind wander, relaxes your soul, and opens up new worlds.
6. CALL YOUR LOVED ONES, ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO STUCK WITH YOU THROUGH TOUGH TIMES. Don’t wait until the last minute to say “I love you” or “Thank you” to people who matter to you. It will make your day and theirs.
7. SET A SCHEDULE. It doesn’t have to be military-precision timing. As long as you have a general idea of what you need to do daily, you will be less stressed and will accomplish more. Schedules can seem anxiety inducing for some, but having your goals on paper or phone, will actually keep your mind clearer and keep you focused as you won’t have to remember them yourself.
8. SET A SLEEP SCHEDULE AND STICK TO IT. Sleeping is a very important time for your body. Don’t you feel refreshed and energized whenever you get enough sleep?
10. START BY WRITING DOWN A GOAL & A LIST OF SMALLER ACHIEVEMENTS TO REACH THAT GOAL. When you break down the steps to a goal, each step seems more reachable. Having a list also reminds you of what you need to do to reach your goal.
11. TAKE A BREAK FROM SCREENS EVERY SO OFTEN. With computers, cell phones, and TV, your eyes are probably too full of screens but can’t just tell you. Why not give your eyes some rest and take in the beauty of your surroundings?
12. PUT AWAY $X AMOUNT EACH TIME YOU ARE NEGATIVE. You do not always have to see the world in rose-colored glasses. However, like what the 2019 Ms. Universe winner said, if you just find the beauty in trying situations, then you can help repel the negativity in the world.
13. DRINK MORE WATER. Like having enough sleep, being hydrated can have an amazing effect on your health. Not only can water nourish you from inside, but it can also help you radiate wellness outside.
14. SPEND 5 MINUTES PICKING UP IN WHEREVER ROOM YOU ARE IN. You’ll eventually get into the habit of cleaning up. Also, you’ll have a much cleaner environment where you can find things easily and get more things done.
15. SPEND LESS TIME ON SOCIAL MEDIA & MORE TIME WITH REAL PEOPLE. It is time to control SM and not let SM control us. Technology is awesome, but in-person quality time is more fulfilling and memorable than any post on FB, Instagram, Twitter, or Pinterest!